Friday, February 12, 2010

Why I like it LonGer

Coz it's been just too long...
and
I couldn't afford to wait any longer!

When my faithful Dopod left me last month, I have been handphoneless for nearly close to a month now, so when I chanced upon this, I just couldn't resist it!

Yes, that's why I like it longer - if only it would stay longer in my mouth without melting away - just like its name implies, the irresistible LG Chocolate BL40.

But of course, the most important thing of all is that it has to be able to stay longer by my side... all day, faithfully. I wouldn't want to be handphoneless again so soon! 

What really impressed me is that it's also a smart phone, which made it easier to replace my old PDA phone. But, it has more! A longer list of features - and with a twist too. Read on if you want to know more...


Features Of LG Chocolate (LG-BL40):


It's not only LONGER, but it's ultra-wide 4-inch touchscreen made it a great looker!
Tall and slender, that's why they called it a supermodel phone

You heard me right - its 21:9 HD LCD display (protected by tempered glass) with 800x345 pixel resolution not only eliminates unnecessary side-scrolling, but it's also able to maximize visual experience. The wide HD LCD “Real VGA” screen presents a vibrant range of natural colours, allowing photos to appear sharper, videos more true-to-life, games naturally vivid and documents more readable.

Sounds too good to be true? That's just the beginning. Here's more...

5 megapixel auto focus camera with Schneider-Kreuznach lens
The camera is a cut above those found on the likes of the iPhone. It's got a 5-megapixel resolution, autofocus and an LED flash. Shots taken in good light look pretty impressive by smart-phone standards, and there's a very cool panoramic mode in which the phone tells you where to point the lens for each shot in the panorama before automatically stitching the pictures together. The camera can also shoot video (30 frames per second at VGA resolution), and there's a neat little video editor on-board that you can use to knock your clips into shape. The LED flash isn't really strong enough to overcome the camera's poor low-light performance, though, so night shots tend to suffer pretty badly from digital noise.

Still, it's good enough for me and just perfect for me to carry around and shoot spontaneous pictures of my 2 girls.


Dual Screen UI intelligently display 2 different types of content simultaneously

This reminds me of the Outlook features, where the email messages are displayed in a separate reading pane.


Theatre-like movie player, enriched image and document viewer delivering a panoramic multimedia experience
Not that I'm going to watch movie with it, but this is certainly another plus point! Full screen web browsing with minimal side-scrolling, just perfect if I'm going to blog with this phone.  


LG’s upgraded S-Class UI offers better 3D graphics, intuitive responsiveness and easier accessibility
There's a mixed review on this. No doubt LG has made some welcome improvements to the S-Class experience in terms of supporting multi-touch zooming in the Web browser and picture viewer - you can now also double tap on an picture or column of text in the impressive Web browser to automatically zoom in on it.
However, some said that the S-Class menu system is annoying and unresponsive at times, and generally feels over-engineered and too complicated. Hmm.... wait till I get my set and I'll tell you my side of the story!


One-touch copy and paste for transfering content even more quickly and effortlessly
One of Iphone-style feature!


Gesture Shortcut lets users access menus by drawing simple icons on a touch pad
Definitely another plus feature!


Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and A-GPS!
The first 2 are rather common in a phone now, but a GPS! There's review stating that the onboard GPS is very quick to find the position, which is certainly a good to have - at least the roads will look longer on the map too, yeah! It can also fit more details on the screen.


High speed 7.2 HSDPA provides speedier internet and e-mail
Just what I wanted if I'm going to blog with my handphone!


Feel itchy by now? Tempted to own this LONG thing soon? It's easy! Nuffnang is having a contest for glitterati Nuffnangers to win an LG Chocolate phone. All you have to do is write a creative post about ‘Why I Like It Longer’ and place it on your blog, and you might just be one of the Top 3 winners who will win a brand new LG Chocolate BL40 phone worth RM2,199! It can be your personal experience, a story you came up with or relevant issues relating to the theme of this contest and at the end of your post please attach the image below.


So, what are you waiting for? The dateline is this Valentine's Day! I sure hope I don't need to wait any longer to own one soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails